[Spread-users] reason for lots of retrans?

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Oct 1 07:57:41 EDT 2002

Send your configuration file.
It is very likely that your broadcast or multicast address does not
work. Spread has to retrans all of the messages as unicast.
If you had more than 2 computers nothing would have worked because all
of the retrans would have been multicasted or broadcasted (whatever
address you used for that ) again and missed again.

Your best bet is to check the settings of your network and see if your
bcast/mcast address is correct and is working on your network.

            Cheers,

            :) Yair.