[Spread-users] group membership

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Nov 22 23:46:07 EST 2002

Hi Darin,

There is no way to do that with Spread, but you can have your programs
join 2 groups, one of them for the sake of membership only,
and have your group monitor join only the group on which you do not
send. That should give the desired behavior.

      Cheers,

      :) Yair.

Darin> Hi,
Darin> When I'm connection to the spread daemon I can specify whether to
Darin> receive or not any membership change messages. Is there a way to do the
Darin> same thing for the regular messages? I.e. I want to receive only
Darin> membership change messages.
Darin> I'm using spread for moving big amounts of data and I want to log the
Darin> all membership statistics. My problem is that If i choose to receive all
Darin> messages including the regular traffic then I risk to get disconnected
Darin> because I'm not able to process these messages fast enough.
Darin> So is there a way to receive just membership messages?
Darin> Thanks,
Darin> Darin

Darin> Spread-users mailing list
Darin> Spread-users at lists.spread.org