[Spread-users] JMS4Spread: a (currently partial) JMS built around the Spread toolkit

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Nov 15 18:55:36 EST 2002

Hi,

We are happy to announce the first release of JMS4Spread, an
open source Java Messaging Service (JMS) built around the
Spread toolkit.

JMS4Spread implements messaging in a completely distributed fashion
so that there is no central server that represents a single point
of failure. Each Spread daemon maintains a replicated state of the
currently active topics via Spread groups.

Currently, JMS4Spread supports non-durable messaging using
JMS Topics and the Message Types: Byte, Stream, Map, Text
and Object.

We would love to get any feedback, suggestions, ideas, and code
contributions. We would also appreciate any help in making this known
in some Java circles (with which we are less familiar).

JMS4Spread can be accessed from the Spread toolkit web page
http://www.spread.org or directly at http://www.spread.org/JMS4Spread

   Enjoy,

   Ashima Munjal and Yair Amir.