[Spread-users] MSG PERSISTENCE IN DISK

John Schultz jschultz at commedia.cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 12 15:42:22 EST 2002

I've heard of references to queue managers before, but don't know much
about them myself. Can anyone give a brief overview of their functionality
and how it differs from Spread? And/Or could you post some links to
authoritative information on them, hopefully including example
applications?

Here is my guess: a QM sounds like a FIFO message bus that provides
reliable/redundant delivery of messages between applications with lots of
bells and whistles?

Just curious, thanks,
John