[Spread-users] A newbie question using spread

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Nov 8 14:19:41 EST 2002

If you want to run it as root you need to have created a "spread" user on
your machine and a "spread" group. Or you need to change the user and
group specified in the spread_params.h file and recompile Spread. The
newer 3.17.0 release allows you to configure the user and group at runtime
by setting a value in the spread.conf file.

For running as a regular user, the config file you list below looks ok.

Can you include the output from Spread when you tried to run it so we see
what the error is? Without knowing the error there isn't much we can do to
help.

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science