[Spread-users] spread & spreadlogd under daemontools?

Max Clark max.clark at ussearch.com
Wed Mar 20 14:10:03 EST 2002

I have been running mod_log_spread for a few months now and have been
running into a couple of strange problems lately.

Every now and again the spread process will spontaneously die on a web
server, or the  spreadlogd process will die on our log server. Originally I
thought that this was load  related (I have had some application issues
resulting in > 100 uptime), but now I am not so sure.

I was thinking about running the processes under daemontools, reading the
daemontools documentation it seems that the only real stipulation is that
the process not be sent to the background when it starts.

Has anyone experimented with daemontools? Any reason why it would not work?

Thanks,
Max

--
Max Clark