[Spread-users] FreeBSD net/spread port updated

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Mon Mar 4 21:13:41 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 08:45:16AM -0500, Jonathan Stanton wrote:
> Great! Thanks for doing this.
>
> If the patch for allowing a configurable PREFIX is available I'd be happy to
> include it.

Actually it was all done in the Makefile, by

post-patch:
.for f in configuration.c auth-ip.c auth-pword.c docs/spread.1 docs/spmonitor.1
        @${PERL} -pi -e 's,/etc/spread,${PREFIX}/etc/spread,g' ${WRKSRC}/${f}
.endfor

> Were code changes required to make the user/group stuff work for
> you?

No; that was handled by the port's own (new) pkg-install script.

For full source, see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/spread/

There is a single patch, to the Makefile in (under files/)
and everything else is handled by the port structure.

Regards,
Joshua.