[Spread-users] sendning large messages over spread

koorosh.alahiari at ids.allianz.com koorosh.alahiari at ids.allianz.com
Wed Jun 19 11:56:01 EDT 2002

Hi All,

As I understand it you can send arbitrarily large(within reason)  messages
spread and spread divides them into its max 80K limit chunks and delivers
them all. Receiving a service type of DROP_RECV will indicate that there is
more chunks left for this message. So calling SP_receive repeatedly
until the the service type is no longer DROP_RECV  gurantees that I can
assemble the original large message without having to resort to a higher
level
protocol. Is this correct. Is it guranteed that I will not get any other
messages
(in between) until I have read the entire large message?

Hope it makes sense!

Regards, Koorosh