[Spread-users] two utilities

John David Duncan jdd at greatschools.net
Wed Jun 19 03:31:20 EDT 2002

I've got two Spread-related utilities that I'm making available.

check_spread is a plugin for the NetSaint network monitor; it can be used
to monitor the health of a Spread daemon.  spcount is a simple utility
that joins a Spread group and counts the number of messages it receives.
Both of these can be found at http://www.efn.org/~jdd/projects/spread/

I've used both of them in production for a few months now.  However,
I have only ever built them on FreeBSD.  spcount in particular will
require some modifications to build on other platforms, since it uses
pthreads.

John David Duncan
Systems Administrator
Great Schools, Inc.