[Spread-users] shared libs

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Thu Jun 6 16:09:00 EDT 2002

If you look at the Linux makefile you will notice it already has a
'undocumented' target to build shared libraries. This is something we have
talked about, but havn't done yet because of some of the tricky
cross-platform issues, and the added complexity of forward/backwards
compatibility with shared libraries in addition to client-server
protocols.

If you have suggestions on a good way to approach compatibility I'd be
interested in hearing your thoughts.

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science