[Spread-users] spread configuration questions

Max Clark max.clark at ussearch.com
Wed Jul 31 19:16:17 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm currently running spread to manage apache log files (using the broadcast
mechanism). With our environment growing I would like to migrate to a
multicast configuration.

Based on my current configuration would the multicast configuration be
correct? Are there advantages/disadvantages to using separate segments for
different server groups? How would the spreadlogd configuration change?

Thanks in advance.
-Max

New config...

Spread_Segment 225.0.1.1 3333 {