[Spread-users] Performance

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Mon Jul 29 11:35:53 EDT 2002

Are all of your machines the same speed and all of them empty?

There are some tuning to make Spread run faster than the
out-of-the-box performance, because the out-of-the-box is designed to
work without many people contacting us. From your numbers, you have
substantial decrease, so you probably have another problem - probably
uneven machine power or too many losses on a machine, etc.

3.16.2 has no problem to support 100 receivers but not if each of them
is running on a different machine. For that you need a smarter design.
(or a more scalable version). I would also go with smaller messages in
case you have a problem with IPC queues (assuming you are using IPC
and not TCP for the local connections).

    :) Yair.