[Spread-users] who's using it and what are they using it for

George Schlossnagle george at omniti.com
Wed Jul 3 15:24:50 EDT 2002

We use spread with mod_log_spread, wackamole, some distributed data
harvesting software and for some distributed xml-rpc services.  All of
this is in a web environment.

Overall spread is very good.  I would say that the major down-points are:
1) poor handling of misconfigured nodes (the rings can lock)
2) rigorous scheduling requirements (has shown instability on machines
with extremely high load for protracted periods)

We access spread through the C, perl and php APIs.

George