[Spread-users] NetBSD patch

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Thu Jan 31 09:05:49 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:56:12PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> I found the patch below useful when just trying out CVS-spread on
> NetBSD-1.5ZA/i386. BTW many of the man pages refer to libsp(3) - where can I
> find it? (What's the difference between libsp and libtsp? Where do  threads
> come in?)

Thanks, I'll include something based on this in 3.17.0. The manpage for
libsp is sort of non-existant (the references to it exist, but I never
wrote it) All the functions in libsp are documented in their own manpages.

libtsp is a version of the SP interface that uses pthreads locks to protect
datastructures from multitheaded client applications. libtsp supports a
model of any one thread can read or write to a Spread connection at once,
but if more try then they will be blocked by the mutex until it is released
by the current holder.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science