[Spread-users] Error

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Jan 18 02:34:20 EST 2002

I'll check this out tomorrow ( I'm at a conference and don't have the code
handy.) Are you using the 'auto generate random id's' option or are you
creating session names yourself? You are using version 3.16.1 correct? I'm
just checking because that version corrected several known races that
caused this error.

To debug, the first step is to turn on SESSION and GROUP alarm flags and
log to a file. Then when the error occurs, email the end of the file
including any messages from Session about rejecting/refusing/errors on a
connection.

I don't have any known causes of this problem in 3.16.1, you may have
found a rare race.

Wait! Is this in a multithreaded application linked with the spread
library? If so then I may know the problem. If it is, I'll get back to you
about it.

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science