[Spread-users] Tunnels

Mark Anacker manacker at lizardtech.com
Wed Jan 9 11:45:46 EST 2002

I'll probably have to do something like this in the near-term, but it's a
bit of a pain. Mostly due to the overhead of encapsulating a nearly-complete
IP stack on top of the existing TCP stream.  But, since I don't want
un-encrypted UDP flowing out (or in) through the firewall, I have to carry
it over TCP.  Call me paranoid, but it's a bit easier to keep tabs on a
small set of TCP links than trying to filter whatever UDP packets come
along.

It would still be cleaner if the daemon itself could create a virtual
segment over TCP to another daemon.

--
Mark Anacker
Senior Software Architect