[Spread-users] incompatibilities

Nita-Rotaru Cristina crisn at commedia.cnds.jhu.edu
Sat Feb 2 10:36:42 EST 2002

Hello,

SSP 1.0.0 it does not compile with Spread 3.16.1.
The problem is minor: one variable defined in sp.h
and used by SSP-1.0.0 has a different name
(MAX_SCATTER_ELEMENTS is now MAX_CLIENT_SCATTER_ELEMENTS).
Since for SSP-1.0.0 we provide the source
and not the binary, if people download spread
3.16.1 and then SSP 1.0..0 and they try to compile
it will not work.

I will add this note on the webpage and provide a patch.

thanks,

-- Cristina