[Spread-users] Re: Log rotation

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Dec 18 08:42:06 EST 2002

I wrote:
> Quick question: we need to rotate our logfiles without killing and
> restarting the spread daemon.  Can this be done?

I already received one answer that doesn't help me.  I'm not asking
how to rotate logs.  I'm asking whether, when the logfile is moved,
the spread daemon will keep logging to the renamed file or whether it
will detect this situation and start logging to the new logfile (with
the original name).  IOW does it keep the file descriptor open or not?