[Spread-users] Adding hosts to a segment

John David Duncan jdd at greatschools.net
Sat Aug 24 00:23:42 EDT 2002

I have a group of machines with an NFS-shared spread.conf file.

Whenever I add a new machine or two to the group, then edit the file, and
start spread on the new hosts, they are segmented off -- one of the new
machines is a leader, and the older machines don't see the new ones.

I've always reintegrated the ring by stopping and restarting spread on
every host, but this is getting to be undesirable.  Is there a better way?

- JD