FW: [Spread-users] spread exception

John Schultz jschultz at d-fusion.net
Fri Aug 2 12:56:09 EDT 2002

Just wanted to let the spread list know that we at D-Fusion have also
run into this problem, and that the client failure gives no information
about what went wrong.

I don't believe that it is our spread queue is getting overfull -- we
take a lot of precautions to ensure this doesn't happen (recompiled
spread to hold up to 10000 msgs per client, have a high priority thread
always receiving, there aren't that many msgs being produced, etc.).

unfortunately, the problem was rare enough and our app was robust enough
to handle such failures that we never dug into it to really figure out
what was going wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a minor
problem with the Spread Java client implementation.

--
John Schultz
Co-Founder, Lead Engineer