[Spread-users] spread exception

jasniya badsha jasniya at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 00:23:42 EDT 2002

 I am using the setData,getData  methods(not getObject()/setObject() methods ).what do you think is the problem?
  Daniel Rall <dlr at collab.net> wrote: > > this happens after the application runs for a long time(8-10

jasniya badsha writes:

> Can u pls suggest a solution for this problem?I have just noticed
> that this happens even after the applet runs for just an hour or
> less.Can we know if the connection is actually being closed -the
> applet gives unexpected results when i tried to reconnect
> again(showing the same spread exception)

Are you then using the getObject()/setObject() methods of
SpreadMessage?

If so, I'd recommend using a format other than Java objects for your
message payload. There are quite a few tools which can turn simple
Java objects into XML (and vice versa). The other getXxx()/setXxx()
methods of SpreadMessage won't have the overhead of Java
Serialization.