[Spread-users] Spread crash

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Aug 2 09:31:26 EDT 2002

In the spread.conf file you can enable the "DebugFlags" and set it to
print additional information (I would suggest GROUPS ) and use the
"EventLogFile" option to write teh messages to a file instead of the
screen.

You can also run the "spmonitor" program. You just need to give it the
location of your spread.conf file (if it isn't in the same directory) and
you can then select the stuck machine and get a status report from it. If
it appears stuck but still geneates a monitor status report then it isn't
really stuck and that monitor output could help us see what is causing
the problem (so feel free to send it to the list). If the monitor doens't
generate anything then the spread instance has really crashed or is
completely stuck (which we havn't seen happen very often) and the
messages printed to the EventLog are probably the best option.

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science