[Spread-users] Stopping Spread

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Sep 25 22:34:17 EDT 2001

That will work fine, the port in tmp will be removed and rebuilt when
spread restarts. If you run spread with several different users that can
cause an annoyance because each user doens't have the filesystem rights to
remove the other user's fifo.

You can also kill it remotely from the spmonitor program. However, that
causes the same side effect of leaving a fifo in /tmp/. This is fixable,
it just hasn't annoyed us enough yet. :-)

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science