[Spread-users] single vs. multiple daemons

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Thu Sep 20 16:35:52 EDT 2001

Hi,

I think the place to start is to run the spuser - an application provided with
Spread, and see what you get. This will eliminate application
issues and show the real Spread picture. You can then join a group
with multiple users and see what happens. You can check it with one
daemon or with many daemons. If all of this works, it is likely you
have a problem with your application. If it does not work, it is likely
you have a problem with your setup. If both are ok, then maybe there
is a bug but I can hardly believe it - because such a bug will be visible
immediately.

In that case, e-mail your OS version, spread.conf, and the specific
scenario with spuser that shows the system is broken.

If your OS is one of these we provide executables for, I would appreciate
you also running the provided executables rather than the ones you build.

I am sure this can be traced quite quickly.

	Cheers,

	:) Yair.