[Spread-users] Kerberos and spread...

Sean Chittenden sean-cnds-spread-users at chittenden.org
Mon Sep 17 18:51:52 EDT 2001

Howdy 'all.  Quick question to see if anyone's heard of any work being
done with kerberos and spread.

1)  Kerberos authenticated/encrypted data would be pretty slick, IMHO
and I wonder if anyone's ever looked at this possibility.

2)  Why use kprop and kpropd when you could have an event driven update
mechanism based on spread.  Adding the hooks to kadmind to update and
replicate small bits of data to various hosts seems pretty reasonable,
esp if #1 is an accomplished task.  Updating keytabs, for instance, would
be invaluable in supplanting many of the arguments for Active Directory.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone, esp on the research end of spread,
has heard of such activities or know of any initiatives along those
lines.  Thanks.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden