[Spread-users] Public CVS?

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Sun Sep 16 00:38:09 EDT 2001

Hello,

	I am happy to announce that I've finally gotten a development web
page written that has current information on how to get involved with
Spread development, how to submit patches and how to get CVS
access. The page is:

http://www.spread.org/devel.html

I want to add more information to this page. If anyone has suggestions
about what might be useful information please email me.

The current CVS server does not allow anonymous access, but anyone
requesting access is granted it. Right now about 8 people internal to
CNDS have accounts and 6 people external to CNDS have accounts. We hashed
out the issue of what type of CVS access to provide about a month ago and
chose not to provide anonymous access for now. We don't plan to change
that in the immediate future unless the situation changes, but want to
keep an open mind as the project and community evolve.

If you would like CVS access, just look at the above web page.

Thanks,

Jonathan

P.S. We will release a 3.16.1 soon, I am in the last 2 weeks or so of
finishing my Ph.D dissertation and defending and that has limited my time
to test and build the release. This long process will be complete very
soon and I will be able to focus on Spread development once more :-)

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science