[Spread-users] RC1 of 3.16.1 available in CVS

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Wed Oct 31 19:18:47 EST 2001

Hi,

	I've tagged a Release Candidate 1 for 3.16.1 (Yes, I can hear the
cheers of the waiting crowd now...). The changes are documented in the
Readme.txt file and I've included the ones since 3.16.1beta1 below.

11) Fix for reversed parameters to memset in groups.c (Thanks to Marc Zyngier)
12) Fix bug in session connection that confused closed, but not yet deleted
    file descriptors with newly accepted connections. (Thanks to Dave Parker for
    discovering bug).
13) Fix significant memory leak when connections are disconnected. This
    leak has been present since at least 3.15.0. (Thanks to Dave Parker
    for discovering this and providing lots of assistance debugging it.)
14) Fix the binding to specific interfaces to work with broadcast packets.
    (Thanks to Marc Zyngier for reporting the problem)

I'll put up a new tar.gz on the website later tonite. It is currently
available from cvs under the tag "RC1_3_16_1"

Please report any problems with this. I'll do builds for all our
architectures over the next few days.

Thanks,

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science