[Spread-users] Spread with FreeBSD help

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Nov 30 20:48:03 EST 2001

Ted,

Where exactly is the problem? What exactly crashes?
Is the Spread daemon crashes, or is it spreadlogd, or maybe
it is the log server?

8 machines is a fairly small configuration and I would say that
you have about 100 messages/sec which should be no problem for this
architecture.

I am less familiar with the "400 connections from each web server to each
spreadlogd part". I am not sure this is an accurate description.
Do you have 400 Spread live connections on each of the daemons at
any one point? This should work ok but the number is high.

	Cheers,

	:) Yair.