[Spread-users] JMS implementation?

David Pellegrini davidp at collab.net
Mon May 21 18:32:08 EDT 2001

Jonathan Stanton wrote:

> Actually the idea has been mentioned to me a couple times by different
> people.
>
> Usually with a similar conclusion as you that a wrapper of basic
> functionality looks pretty easy. One person who knew JMS pretty well
> thought even the more sophisticated parts of JMS are doable but require
> some work and some algorithms to provide correct services.
>
> I havn't looked into it a lot myself, but I'd be happy to help anyone else
> who is interested in doing it.
>
> Jonathan

Hope I'm not too late to the party, but I'm interested!

Can you hook us up with the aforementioned "One person"?  :^)

Let's figure out how much work it would be.

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 05:54:14PM -0800, Jon Stevens wrote:
> > I checked the archives and the FAQ and didn't see anything relating to this:
> >
> > Has anyone done (or is interested in doing) a Java JMS implementation on top
> > of Spread's Java API's?
> >
> >     <http://java.sun.com/products/jms/>
> >
> > Personally, I think that the Java Spread API's are very easy to use, but I
> > would rather code against the JMS API instead so that I can switch the
> > backend without having to worry about re-coding all my messaging stuff.
> >
> > So, I figure a thin wrapper between the two shouldn't be all that hard to do
> > (at least for basic functionality).
> >
> > comments?
> >
> > -jon

+1

-davidp

--
David Pellegrini, Principal Engineer [davidp at collab.net  Ph: 650-228-2523]
CollabNet  8000 Marina Parkway, Suite 600, Brisbane, CA 94005