[Spread-users] Secure Spread problem

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Wed May 16 12:59:23 EDT 2001

Hi Yiqiang,

This is a very good point.

Secure Spread is an on-going research project. The focus so far was on robust key agreement protocols and the first release of Secure Spread implements such a protocol. From a security perspective, nothing bad has happened (!) - no un-authorized members can get messages or join the secure group.

To solve the problem of them joining the group, access control has to be involved (so that non-authorized members will not be able to join or send to the group). This support is located actually at the Spread daemon level itself. The hooks for such support are already in Spread 3.16 that will be released in the near future as part of the big changes happening to Spread.

Stay tuned,

    :) Yair.    http://www.cnds.jhu.edu