[Spread-users] Re: urgent!!!ding_yiqiang

Ding Yiqiang ding_yiqiang at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 10:38:17 EDT 2001

Hi there,

Yes, we can help each other. My requirement is to utilize some group
communication software to make some communicating servers fault-tolarent.

One of the problems is the scaling problem. One solution may involve the
modification of current spread demon code so that it's possible to modify
network configuration dynamically. But I don't know how much work it may
take. Another solution is we set up several fixed number of spread demons.
Then make all servers connect to these demons. But when the number of
servers is getting large, it's still required to add more demons which makes
re-configuration/restart nevitable.

Any comments?

Yiqiang