[Spread-users] Re: help me with sec_spread

Cristina Nita-Rotaru crisn at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Mar 27 13:17:24 EST 2001

Hi Ding,

I will need to know the order in which you performed the commands
in the two 'user' terminals.

But here is one explanation: the version that you compiled runs 'vanilla
cases'
(if you read the READEME file).  That means that the protocol blocks if
you
try to join/leave/partition/merge, before the key agreement finishes.
The key
agreement finished when evrerybody received the membership message
and you see the key printed.  A new version that solves this problem is
already
implemented and it will probably be release at the end of April,
beginning of May.

I just repeated your commands and it worked for me, I am using
openssl-0.9.6.
Let me try with openssl-0.9.5a, but it will help me more if you can tell
the order in
which you performed the commands in the 'user' terminals.

-- Cristina