[Spread-users] Java source file layout

Daniel Rall dlr at finemaltcoding.com
Wed Jul 25 02:45:33 EDT 2001

Most Java projects which I've dealt with have their source files
arranged in accordance with package name.  Thus, the class
org.apache.turbine.Turbine is in the directory org/apache/turbine/.  I
would suggest following this pattern for Spread's Java client
implementation -- it provides a clear picture of the Java package
presented by the source tree, and more closely follows Java idioms in
the Java portion of the Spread source.  Renaming the splib_src/
directory in spread_src-3.16.0/java/ to spread/ would provide this
effect (it would also allow me to simplify that Ant build file I just
posted, heh).

Daniel Rall