[Spread-users] Spread Problems

Alexander Meis am at pixelhouse.de
Wed Dec 5 17:11:00 EST 2001

Hi....

i try to setup spread to log all apache stuff from 3 servers on one
but i cant get it working. Hope that someone can help me.

On the first server i got spread and one of the apache running

When i start spread it says something like this.

Finished configuration file.
Conf_init: My name: cook1, id: 213.70.6.16, port: 4803
Spread: not running as root, won't chroot
Membership id is ( -716831216, 1007588497)
--------------------
Configuration at cook1 is:
Num Segments 1
        1       213.70.6.255      4803
                cook1                   213.70.6.16
====================

So i Think that spread is running - it allo appears in ps.
The apache is configured like this in a virtual host.

        SpreadDaemon 4308
        CustomLog $www_cluster common

The spreadlogd ist configured like this

Spread {
        Port = 4808
        Host = localhost
        Log {
                Group = "test"
                File = testlog
        }
}

It seemes so that the spread does not recive annything form the apache.
Can someonte tell me how to get it running ?

Thanks for helping.

Alex