[Spread-users] high cpu load

Yair Amir yairamir at cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Aug 31 10:29:13 EDT 2001

On a one segment network, unicat retrans are ALWAYS go only to the
daemon immediately before (in a circular fashion) the one that reports
sending the u retrans. That is why I asked to see all of the reports
and not only from one machine.

The way I see it: it is either one network card there is bad / lacking buffers
or because of the very high CPU usage (which I don't know why it happens)
the daemon just misses messages.

An option is to run flooder on a clean system there and is what happens.
Now, flow control can be tuned to not loose messages even in a busy system.
The flow control parameters in the vanilla version should be usually ok
(e.g. conservative). I assume Spread was not changed. Do you run
our own build or did you build it yourself?

	Cheers,

	:) Yair.