[Spread-users] PERMIT bug?

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Wed Aug 29 22:05:59 EDT 2001

I am quite new to Spread, so forgive me if I am barking up the wrong tree.

I am building 3.16.1 (using the downloadable patch to 3.16.0) on FreeBSD
4.4-RC1. The build succeeds, but running produces:

[copyright notice snipped]
Acm_init: Unable to establish default PERMIT policy. Spread build is
broken
errno say:: Undefined error: 0

that's all, even with DebugFlags = { ALL }.

>From my reading of the source, this is because Acm_init is called before
permit_init, which is supposed to establish the PERMIT policy via
Acm_acp_add_method.

A little tinkering - placing permit_init() above Acm_init() - results in
success.

Nitpick: fseeks in log.c will segfault on freebsd (possibly others) if the
fopen returned NULL for failure. It's worth checking the return values of
those syscalls.

Joshua