[Spread-users] Validation Suite

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Sep 19 17:15:17 EDT 2000

No. There is not a validation suite. We have a set of tests we run by hand
using the flooder, user, and monitor tools to check it.

I have some interest in better automated tools, but it is a hard problem
(harder then most software testing) because most of the interesting bugs
only show up when multiple daemons are running on multiple machines and
they crash/recover in interesting patterns :-)

If you have some specific features/properties that are important to you
and you really want to validate, email me and I can probably help you.

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science